The M25 Motorway that serves Surrey Part of Sussex and Kent has been closed on anticlockwise due to a “serious” Collision.
Police brought in the all lane closure just after 7.15pm with all traffic being held just before Junction 6 at Godstone on Thursday evening.
All emergency services are at the scene with a number of Paramedics Police and Fire crews from Surrey fire and rescue.
Hundreds of driver and vehicle remain trapped within the closure some have reported being trapped for nearly two hours.
Surrey Police have confirmed that they have launched a collision investigation after those involved received life changing injuries.
Officers from Surrey Roads Policing say that a car has collided with the central reservation, causing the closure.
A spokesman for Highways England said a diversion route has been put in place around the M25 closure.
- Leave the M25 at Junction 8 (Reigate) and follow the route marked with a yellow square symbol;
- This will take you onto the A217 south through Reigate;
- Turn left onto the A25 towards Redhill, and then turn left onto the A23 towards Gatwick;
- At the roundabout with A25, turn left and head towards Godstone;
- Follow the A25 through Godstone to Junction of the M25.
Police have advised that the closure is likely to be in place until at least 1am on Friday.
Attempts are being made to open up two lanes past the incident. This is being hampered by a broken down vehicle.