The M11 motorway southbound between junctions Junction Sixand Junction Four has been closed by Essex Police following a multi vehicle road traffic collision. Two lanes of the Northbound carriage have also been closed.
Officers from Essex Roads Policing are currently dealing with a number of vehicles that have been involving in the collision that is understood to be serious. One vehicle has left the carriage way . Highways England have advised that the there is two miles of traffic trapped within the closure. The closure in likely to be in place until at least 1am on Monday morning.
A spokesman for Highways England said: The M11 in Essex is currently closed southbound between J6 (M25) and J4 (A406 North Circular) due to a traffic collision. Essex Police are on scene.
Traffic is being diverted via the Solid Black Circle symbol.
– From J6, leave the M11 and join the M25 anti-clockwise.
– Exit the M25 anti-clockwise at J26, taking the third exit onto the A121 (Honey Lane)
– Continue on the A121 for 1.5 miles, to the junction with the A104 (Epping New Road)
– At the roundabout, take the fourth exit onto the A104
– Continue on the A104 for 6 miles, to the junction with the A406 (Waterworks interchange)
– Take the first exit and travel on the A406 North Circular clockwise to the M11 (Redbridge) interchange.