Home » Breaking News Two fire crews called to Brighstone
Breaking News Two Fire Crews Called To Brighstone
Breaking News Two Fire Crews Called To Brighstone

Breaking News Two fire crews called to Brighstone

Two fire crews from Newport and Freshwater have been mobilised to a property fire in Brighstone this morning.

Breaking News Two Fire Crews Called To Brighstone

Two appliances from the Isle of Wight fire and rescue service were mobilised just after 1030 on Tuesday to smoke issuing from a property and the smoke alarm sounding in the Upper Lane in Brighstone.

 

 

 

A concerned neighbour called the service after he smelt smoke and saw smoke coming from the neighbouring property.

Breaking News Two Fire Crews Called To Brighstone

 

Two fire crews have been committed into the property. The fire is understood to be in the kitchen after cooker was left unattended and a washing bowl of clothes caught alight.

 

Breaking News Two Fire Crews Called To Brighstone

Crew are using a hose reel and a jet to tackle the small fire.
UPDATE:
Firefighters have rescued a cat from the property and are currently adminstering oxygen therapy to the black and white moggie.

Due to the quick response of the crews damage to the property has been contained to the kitchen. Smoke is being removed from the property using PPV.

The lifeless cat has been brought back to life by crews using specialist masks carried on the appliances to revive animals.

Crews are now making up and the cat has been left with a local vet.

Breaking News Two Fire Crews Called To Brighstone

 

Tactical Advisor Chris Thirle from Isle of Wight fire and rescue service said” That when crews arrived the house was full of smoke and two BA teams were committed into the property after carrying out a full external inspection of the property. Firefighters located a fire in the kitchen that had started after clothing left near a cooker caught light. Crews used a jet to tackle a small fire in the kitchen and used fans to clear the smoke from the property. Fire fighters carried out a search on the property and located a black and white domestic cat that had been exposed to smoke inhalation from the fire. Oxygen was administered to the cat.

[su_youtube url=”https://youtu.be/XJRb9odlk7c” width=”1000″ height=”600″ autoplay=”yes”]

More to follow