Kent fire and rescue say a house in Dover Road has been partially damaged by flames and smoke after a fire broke out around 8:45pm on Wednesday evening 4th July. Three fire engines were sent. No reported injuries and the cause is thought to be accidental.
A spokesman for Kent fire said:Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used high-pressure hose reel jets to extinguish a blaze in the ground floor of a property in Dover Road, Folkestone. After the flames were put out, fire crews used a positive pressure ventilation fan to drive smoke and fumes from the property. There are no reports of any injuries but the house has been partially damaged by smoke and flames. The cause is thought to be accidental.