BREAKING NEWS ISLE OF WIGHT

Home owners urged to check fuse box following fire in Ryde

On Monday afternoon the IWFRS were called to an external fuse box fire, outside the Surgery, Esplanade, Ryde.
On arrival it was apparent that the fuses and supply cable had melted causing a small fire which had spread to the wooden backboard. This was spotted by a member of staff and reported to the Fire Service.
The Electricity Board attended and isolated the fuse box from a nearby substation.
Once isolated the fire was extinguished using a dry powder extinguisher and bucket of water.
This set up is common in many domestic houses so we are advising people to check their consumer units for signs of charring.

More from UK News in Pictures:

Uk Nip .Co