Three fire crews have battled back flames after a house fire on Hayling Island this morning.
Flames took hold in a kitchen of two storey property on West Lane.
Fire crews from Hayling,Havant and Cosham were called just after 9.40am this morning after a neighbour was altered by a sounding smoke alarm from the property
Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reels and a main jet to tackle the fire. The blaze is believed to have started in a cooker that had been left unattended. No one is believed to have been hurt
A spokesperson for Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Three appliances and officer attended the scene of a reported kitchen fire.
“On arrival smoke was reported issuing from the property.
“Breathing apparatus was used during access and a fire in the cooker was extinguished. The property was then ventilated using a fan.”